Thursday, September 2, 2010

Produce Pick: Mini Peppers

So I JUST returned from my first day (really night) of grad class. It was a long 6 hours, in the same building, same classroom and same seat (yikes). But I survived and decided since you are "my peoples", well the 5 that actually read this, I owed you another blog before things get REALLY crazy and by that I mean...Job, grad school for Matt and I, Aidan, Housewarming Party, Go Green Month, Cross races, 5k's oh...and my first Triathlon.  And add yummy cooking and blogging to the list.

So here is a quick recipe that is the best of all food worlds : QUICK and EASY

Matt's Mom had these wonderful little green peppers - you could use whatever you have.

Greek Stuffed Mini Peppers



Ingredients:

6 mini peppers
4 oz fresh spinach
1 C feta cheese
1/4 ricotta cheese
6 kalamata olives chopped
2 T roasted tomatoes (get them in a jar at TJ's)
1/2 t minced fresh garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
Breadcrumbs

Instructions:

Preheat oven to  Slice tops off peppers and discard seeds. Spray bread pan (jellyroll pan) with nonstick spray. Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend. Fill peppers ad arrange peppers standing up, if they fall or can't stand(or won't) that's fine. Sprinkle tops with bread crumbs. Bake 15-18 minutes or until peppers start to visible soften around the edges.

Until next time...eat,love,live....and eat some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment